How to Report a Violation of the Student Code

Main Content

Anyone who has information about a possible violation of the Student Code may report this information to the university by scheduling a meeting with a case coordinator. To do so, you may either call the office during our regular business hours (Monday through Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.) or email with your name, phone number, and a brief description of the behavior you would like to report.

If you are reporting a violation of the university's Sexual Misconduct Policy, you should make this clear when you call or email, although you are not required to provide specific details over the phone. You might also consider reporting directly to the Title IX Office and/or to the police.

If you live in a residence hall and are reporting an incident that occurred in a residence hall, you will likely need to meet with University Housing staff to report the violation. Thus, you may find it easier to report directly to your Resident Assistant or your Residence Hall Director.

Lastly, if the situation you want to report is an emergency or you believe you are currently in danger, you should call 911 immediately. Once you are safe, you can ask the police to inform the Office for Student Conflict Resolution of your report, or you can contact us directly at your convenience.